Friday, January 11, 2008

Oh, Joy?


Why do you continue to put people in my life who push my buttons?

Because you have buttons.

Why don’t I get better at it?

That’s not the point,

What do you mean?

They love me too

Yeah right?

No really, you could learn from them…

No thanks,

Ok, but I’m ready to remove that button when you are...

But their button is bigger than mine…

You really think I care about “bigger” buttons, I’m not in the button shrinking business, I’m not a button growth comparison chart kind of Guy. I just did this to allow you to see what’s inside you – I already knew…

I’m learning some side benefits of fasting, as we choose to give up something under our control – He is enabled to remove something that is under His control. Surprisingly, it's usually something totally unrelated. As we fast, the atmosphere around us and within us gets churned up…the “stuff” is revealed. This atmosphere or environment is rich with nutrients and spiritual activity– the perfect combination for growth and change. You see, it isn’t about coffee or wine or even pancakes…it’s about Him…Will you set aside something you couldn’t live without yesterday for a chance to live a changed tomorrow?

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Daddy! I totally totally relate.

This is a fabulous post. You put words to my experience too.

Love,
- Jess <><

Unknown said...

Wow... you should think about writing more often!!

I mean, all of a sudden there was this nail and this head, and they came together as if someone had smacked them with a hammer... weird, huh?

Can Opener Boy said...

Awesome dude. Quote I heard yesterday:

Us: "Lord, when will this warfare end? Make the enemy stop!"

God: "Hold still willya? I'm trying to kill you!"

:)

Emancipation of the Freed said...

powerful brother...
less of us and more of Him!

Nadine said...

Great way of putting words on a page. Seems like that gift runs rampant in your family.

a woman who is said...

Really good word on fasting.
Thanks for the encouragement,the pain is worth the gain in Him.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... buttons... nice post :)